Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today is sunny and bright, a nice chill in the air.  A brunch today with family gathered around in honor of Mother's Day.  On the menu:sliced ham, breakfast sausage, fritatta with red and green bell peppers, home fries with caramelized onion, scones with pignoli and romano cheese, cranberry and pistachio biscotti, some tasty cantaloupe wedges with large red ripe strawberries.  To drink coffee, tea, orange juice. All home made and best kept simple so that the real ingredient of begin together as a family can be enjoyed.  I love being a daughter so that I can do this for my mom and I love being a mom so that I can have my children come over to have some food, fun and always great conversation..  It seems that MOST of our family gatherings are around food and fun!  Great stuff. Afterward fun outside on the deck and more conversation, some games with the dog. The rain that was forecast never showed only glorious sunshine.  Everyone seemed to have a good time, it was a good day!

I hope that ALL  mothers around the world have a wonderful day with family gathered around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...