Saturday, August 28, 2010

Recent Dyeing Activity

No, I did not fall off the planet, but I have been at the studio dyeing.  I thought I would post one of my projects while in the beginning stages.  So here is an image or two of what I have been up to.

This is a cotton/bamboo blend that has been wrapped and placed in a pretty saturated dye bath of orange.  I love orange as it reminds me (along with a whole bunch of others) of autumn when the leaves begin to change.  I am fortunate enough to live in the north where I can witness this change every year.  I am always in awe of this change like I am seeing it for the first time every time.  Great inspiration.

Anyhow I will be unwrapping this fabric and re-wrapping it so that I can over dye it.  I am hoping to achieve a fall like appearance to the color scheme.  It would appear that I am on the right track from the looks of it at this point. 

Enough blathering, I will post soon again.  Smiles

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...