Thursday, September 15, 2011

Some Simple Stitching

Free motion attempt, click to enlarge and click again to see a detailed view.
  Here is my attempt at free motion stitching on a small scale.  I wanted to try out some different design work on a small piece with small areas to stitch in.  I carefully measured each area on a scrape of fabric, placed a piece of cotton batting between each fabric and then put the fabric into an old wooden embroidery ring (because I didn't want to go out and buy one).  The feed dogs were lowered on my Janome sewing machine and a dark purple thread was used and I closed my eyes (not really) and let the needle do it's magic.  Here is the result.  The big circle that you see is the impression of the embroidery ring.  Not too bad for a first attempt, can only get better with practice and maybe a larger piece of fabric scrape.  What do you think?

By the way ONLY 28 days left before the Rhode Island Mini Quilt Challenge deadline. .  . October 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...