Sunday, December 27, 2015

Hello everybody, it's been quite some time since my last blog post.  Hope that everyone has had a wonderful year and wonderful times with family and friends during this Christmas season.  This year everyone was at the house later in the day.  We all sat around the table having coffee and Christmas goodies, laughing and joking.  Afterward everyone retired to the family room, gathered round the tree and exchanged gifts.  The addition of an advent calendar was part of the festivity for the first time.  Everyone was involved as they contributed to what was in each little bag.  No one knew what was in each bag that they picked, it was just a random collection of things.  Everyone had fun and wants to do it again next year.  I have already begun with my first contribution!
It is very warm in New England as we are used to it being a bit colder.  I'm very sure that winter will be upon us soon and the snow shovels may have to come out!
 This year my "sewing room" needs a good going through - it is quite the disaster.  Some parts are organized while others are in disarray.  It's very hard to find things, especially when I know I have more than one of an item.  I go in scratching my head asking myself where in the world are my pinking shears for example.   That happens to be one thing that I do not have more than one of.   I know they are here somewhere!  So the best thing to do is to get in gear and get going, get organized. Stop procrastinating.
Other goals are to compile a book of quilts that were specially made for a certain group of people.  That will begin shortly after the new year.  I am looking forward to this small project and cannot wait to see my idea complete.  I am very excited about this.
I am making a red, white and blue quilt for some one special, it is nearly done.  It needs to be completed by January 30.  My next project along this line is going to be creating a quilt with ONLY American sourced fabrics.  Not sure if it will be a red, white and blue quilt yet, I have not decided but am leaning towards that thought.
I have some baby quilts completed that need to find a home.  A pretty princess baby girl quilt of pinks and grays and a couple of variety holiday quilts that would be great for little boys are in the stack as well as some half square triangle quilts.  They all need a new home.
I was excited to meet Mary Fons this past November.  She has a great sense of humor and shared a lot of her quilting knowledge with the group.  She had some interesting tidbits of quilt history to impart with us and a nice array of her own quilts to show.  It was a lot of fun.  Everyone seemed to have a good time, I know I did.
Well the newest addition to our house is crying at the door to go out and take care of a little business, so I hope you have enjoyed this little catchup, I'll be posting again soon.  (Another one of my goals - post more often as it helps me keep on track).
Thanks for reading. Happy new year.


2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...