Friday, June 18, 2010

A Learning Experience

  A couple of days ago during the late evening before it became nighttime light I pulled out some of my fabrics.  It was also somewhat overcast with a slight threat of rain!   I set them up, set up the camera on the tripod and quickly started snapping.  This is the result of that "photo session".  I was rather pleased as the colors looked the same in the pictures as the fabrics do in real life.  Previously pictures that I had taken were in bright sunny daylight and always trying to remember not to cast a shadow on the subject. So I will have to remember to take my shots in overcast type lighting.
  All of these fabrics are 100% cotton and hand dyed by myself.  The method used to obtain this patten is called arashi, which translates to storm.  Fabric is wrapped around a pole, scrunched up and dipped in a dye bath.  I can be a little time consuming but it is well worth the effort.  

2 comments:

  1. These look great...the top one looks like a lake in the morning...the middle one looks like chinese pastry (mmm...), and the rest look like dessert sediment and sand...these present a lot of possibilities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, I love these type of designs also. The Chinese pastry? Which pastry? I would like to taste that one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...