Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kayak Quilt - An Update

“Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts and happenings. It consists mainly of the storm of thought that is forever flowing through one's head.”   Mark Twain

Mark Twain got it perfectly right when he said this,  I find that as a person who loves to create there is always a storm of ideas from the east, west, north and south of my mind.  At times those ideas flow so freely that it seems impossible to write them all down fast enough- so some do get lost at sea. At other times one idea spurns another, then periods of drought - which for me do not usually last very long.

So try to keep a journal of your ideas, I know many people are doing so these days.  This journal is for yourself to record your thoughts, so that they might be put aside for now to be picked up later and acted upon.  It makes room for more ideas in your mind and gives you some choices to pick from later on during those drys spells that all creative people have at one time or another.

Anyhow on to my Kayak Quilt, today I am ironing on the stabilizer and doing the cut outs so that it will fit together like a puzzle.  This will go pretty quickly as I plan to stitch it all down today on the machine.  The plan is to make it fat quarter size (for those of you who do not know 18" by 22" is a fat quarter).  I picture it in my head all finished and like what I see - now to the machine to make it reality!  Watch for photos later in the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...