Saturday, July 9, 2011

Chrysalis Progress

Here is the little guy - if you click on the picture you can see it very enlarged and there is evidence that changes are happening.  It seems much shorter than it was a few days ago but maybe it's my imagination.  And the picture is sideways - not what I wanted, but you get the idea.
It doesn't appear that much is happening with this small critter though there are some changes.  It appears shorter and the color and texture are different, not as smooth I suppose.  Here are the pictures that were taken just a few moments ago so that you might see for yourself.  After the deluge and thunderstorms we had last night I am surprised that the creature is still there at all, which just speaks to its delicate strength. 


I am hoping to be able to see the completed metamorphosis.  Reading from different sources that the butterfly emerges in about three weeks time.  This usually happens in the morning so that it's wings can dry and become circulated.  I am toying with the idea of throwing a cheesecloth over the entire pot so that I might at least be able to see it, and possibly get some photos before it flies off on it's own.  We'll see.


         Well I guess the pictures will have to wait - I'll try to post them later.  For some reason the program is not responding to my commands. (*&^$  I tried one more time before I logged out and was able to download the pictures, however they are sideways - what is going on #$%&.  oops sorry : D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...