Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013

Cathedral Windows  
  Well we are officially beginning the Baker's Dozen 2013 of a new year, which by the way has nothing to do with baking.  Not quite sure what to resolve to accomplish but have several thoughts in the oven.  Save more, use less, use what I already have, be more resourceful, be more creative, finish more before starting more, eat less junk, get out more - on foot, sew more, paint more, dye more, read more, waste less time, bake more, cook more, see more, try new things (as in picture above), take less, give more the list is long, ambitious and varied.  Is your list the same?  Is it as "practical" as mine?  Today is the start ..

  Last year I did finish quite a few projects that were on the resolution list 2012 so I am pleased with that and I hope to do the same this year.  Setting a goal is the key, either with quantity or time as the measure.  Time is usually my meter - finding that it defines the boundary for me and gives me a realistic doable objective.  Completed projects clear the mind [and workspace] of mental and physical clutter - so that it can be filled up again!  This is what frequently happens with me - there is always a new project in my head waiting to emerge.  

  What are your goals, is the goal achievable, is there a finish line?  To help, divide your intentions into smaller parts like chapters in a book.  The book consists of pages that make up chapters that make up the book.  Do you see what I'm getting at?  Try it and see how you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...