Sunday, June 12, 2011

Rest Day?

Today we can relax a bit - but just for today.  The weather is not co-operating very well, but we do need some rain (?).  I have a short to-do list for today, but mostly taking it easy. 

Yesterday the Festival Fete was much fun, saw some old friends, made some new ones and touched base with some recently made friends.  Some family members stopped by many thanks to them :-D.  Not many sales but it may be the wrong venue for me, however there was a lot of great vendors with great products for sale.  Next to me Lynn Lovely with her truly lovely beach glass stained glass pieces.  Miss Dotty and her pretty daughter were there with her wonderfully sewn place mats, coasters and aprons under the banner Freshly Sewn.  There were vendors selling plants, food and other tasty treats.

It rained off and on during the morning and stayed generally gloomy, but people still came to see.  Thanks to all of you who braved the rainy slightly windy weather to see what we all had to offer.

The planners of this event did such a wonderful job in creating an organized and fun day that I must make note of them.  They came around with water, coffee, and change if anyone needed it and even gave a Vendor Survival Kit to the vendors (thank you).  Big Nazo was there entertaining the young and old alike.  The fairies flitted all around, they were very cute with great little costumes.  The Chinese dragon group was just great.  Kudos to Jennifer and Rachel for an event that seemed to go off without a hitch.  Applause, applause.  Unfortunately I did not bring my camera so have no pictures to show anyone - you'll just have to take my word that it was a lot of fun.

My to do list includes picking out some envelopes, looking at some stickers, straightening up my neglected house a bit, a quick trip for some coffee an', a bit of sewing some unfinished items, squeeze in a load of laundry, more eating, straighten up my dinning room (which happened to be a make shift temporary art studio for the Festival Fete) and I am sure that I will find ten other things to do on my rest day (lol). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...